Superintendent is responsible for managing projects (budgets, Schedules, and communication). At HL Restoration, we know our collective success is directly linked to the success of each individual team member who are Honest, Professional, and Committed.
Reports to: Production Manager
• Request a scope of work and walk the project to get familiar with the project.
• Assist in any mitigation or emergency service and develop a plan for demolition/getting started.
• Investigate the City inspection procedures.
• Draft Purchase orders and subcontracts and give to Accounts Payable for processing
prior to the start of the job. Review typed purchase orders and contracts prior to mailing.
• Create a master schedule. Make required adjustments to the schedule as we progress and distribute to all parties required.
• Work with Estimator to complete a schedule of values for owner/adjuster (typically only on large projects).
• All projects are walked and discussed with the estimator to properly turnover the project.
See also "turnover checklist". Work with estimator in setting up the budget and job file,
agree to schedule and margin.
• Exemplify leadership attributes such as timeliness, positive attitude, willingness to explain or instruct, direction, organization, and control.
• Enforce the company safety and drug policy always.
• Provide an open line of communication between field, estimators, and owners always.
• Buy out the project with subcontractors to meet the project at hand.
• Update budgets, schedules, and RM weekly.
• Document all changes to the contract documents.
• Review invoices for accuracy, enter into budget worksheet, sign off, and turn over to accounting weekly.
• Review weekly and update accordingly the cost to complete and cost/profit projections.
• Coordinate and process all change orders in writing and obtain a signature from the client. Make every attempt to collect up front before work commences. Update budget worksheet accordingly.
• Order all materials required after reviewing estimated costs and quantities. Check pricing from several vendors.
• Schedule all required inspections and obtain approvals from governing municipality.
• Schedule subcontractors in a timely manner and in accordance with the 3-week schedule and overall schedule.
• Monitor the progress and quality of subcontractor work daily for conformance to the contract documents and schedule.
• Photograph the project on a regular basis to document the work performed and download to RM.
• Instruct and demonstrate to the field employees (when necessary) the proper installation of material or use of equipment.
• Conduct pre-installation conferences as required with field employees and subcontractors.
• Report all accidents to the office immediately utilizing the accident report provided.
• Establish and maintain quality control throughout the course of the project.
• Provide clients with weekly written communication, at a minimum, on every project.
• Always and on every project, hold safety as a top priority and promote a safe job site. Fill out weekly safety logs as required.
• Schedule and have a punch list walk with the owner, follow our close-out procedure.
• Document substantial completion.
• Schedule a close-out meeting per the SOP- Close-out Procedures.
• Obtain the Certificate of Occupancy.
• Organize, distribute, track and confirm that all punch list items are completed.
• Track and verify the completion of all warranty items.
• Assist in Collections
Benefits: Vacation, 401K, Profit Sharing, and Health Insurance
HL Restoration is an Equal Opportunity Employer