Lead Water Technician
At HL Restoration, we know our collective success is directly linked to the success of each of our individual team members who are Honest, Professional, and Committed. The purpose of this job description is to establish and define the authority, reporting, roles and responsibilities of the Lead Water Technician, herein referred to as the “Lead Tech”.
The Lead Tech reports to the Mitigation Manager, Water Mitigation Project Manager or Reconstruction Superintendents daily. The Lead Tech is responsible for actions taken on a job-site in the absence of the employees. The Lead Tech may assign tasks to other technicians or temp laborers on projects.
To perform this job successfully, the Lead Tech should have basic working knowledge of water mitigation and at least 1 year of experience performing water mitigation services. Duties are not limited to, but include:
• Basic Moisture Mapping
• Fill out all required paperwork
• Have customer sign Authorization form
• Read and understand basic psychrometric/trade related instruments Extract Water
• Perform Demolition Services
• Lead and direct other techs/temp labor employees on jobs Possess an IICRC WRT certification
• Be able to drive HLR Box truck/tow trailer
• Understand how to properly set basic mitigation equipment Repeatedly lift over 50 lbs., occasionally lift 100lbs Stand/walk for extended periods
• Work with tools
• Monitor Jobs daily drying progress on small and mid-sized jobs Able to perform basic maintenance on mitigation equipment
• Be available for on-call and after-hours service calls
• Perform duties on Reconstruction side when there are no mitigation projects Maintain and enforce safety policies on all jobs
•Effectively communicate internally and externally Meet subcontractors and show them the work areas Answer phone for on-call schedule
• Be “eyes and ears” of the company on a job-site
• Must have a valid driver’s license
The Lead Water Tech is responsible for achieving company standards on each job. Lead Water Tech must maintain and accept responsibility for their own tools, company tools and company equipment while on the job. They must also follow, adhere to and enforce all company safety policies, keep vehicles/trailers in good condition, track any of their own job expenses on company credit card, study know and understand specification for the projects assigned to and perform mitigation services as outlined within the IICRC S- 500. The Lead Water Tech will work in the field with their tools during normal hours and after hours.
Lead Water Tech will report daily to the Mitigation Manager or Mitigation Project Manager when working on mitigation projects. When there are limited or no mitigation projects available, this position will report to Reconstruction Superintendents and provide reconstruction services.
• Competitive Hourly Rate
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• 401K Plan
• Profit Sharing
• Long-Term Disability
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Vacation
FLSA Status: Hourly/Non-Exempt
*We are an Equal Opportunity Employer